Experienced Transport & Warehouse Supervisor who will lead and motivate a team of 10 drivers & 10 Store Staff and be responsible for the fleet and stock movements of Finished Goods.
- Focus on driving operational efficiency improvements across all aspects of the supply chain.
- Responsibility for the day to day planning and scheduling of multi-drop deliveries to customers and daily stock movements.
- Schedule daily picking plan and ensure loads are completed on time.
- Manage the rigid and artic fleet routing ensuring a customer-first approach is adopted and balanced with operational efficiency.
- Manage all drivers, while maximising driver and vehicle utilisation.
- Ensure correct resource management is implemented to maximise seasonal demand spike potentials
- Manage the fleet maintenance and replacement to minimise downtime and repairs whilst maximising return on investment.
- Report and analyse key performance indicators and operational metrics focused on maximising profit; such as driver utilisation, vehicle utilisation & customer satisfaction.
- Ensure a high standard of safety is maintained.
- Responsible for HSA/regulatory and compliance matters
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record and experience of at least 5 years in a transport/logistics management role
- Experience in managing the planning and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries
- Strong IT Knowledge essential especially Word and Excel
- Ability to read demand trends and provide appropriate action plans, and where necessary workaround plans
- Demonstrates an understanding of the overall business and the commercial & strategic opportunities facing the company and uses this knowledge to improve results
- Degree or qualification in Supply Chain, Logistics, Transport Manager CPC or relevant qualification is desirable.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org